~ My Website ~

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fun Garden Accents

Come on down!
It's that time of the year, when the garden bug really starts to hit me hard and I start envisioning newer, bigger, brighter things for the garden. The possibilities are endless.
Every year I go on several of our local garden tours. Here is a collection of a few of my favorite pics
from the most recent tour.

 


Most of the homeowners pay such fine attention to the details and you can tell how much time they spend outdoors, because their backyards are as beautiful (or maybe even more so) than their indoor living rooms. In fact, one of the best things about these tours is talking with the homeowners who graciously give you a tour of their pride and joy.

I love to look at painted rain barrels.  We are currently working on one for a local school fundraiser, and I can't wait to write up a post on how we did (well are doing) it.

This is such a fun idea - wine bottles to edge around the garden bed. I love how the light reflects the glass in the garden. I just hope a hurricane doesn't hit soon, because I'd really like to try this.
Mosaic garden bed wall. I wonder how long this took? These are mosaic covered cinder blocks.

This pathway looks so peaceful, I'd love a path like this to my garden. Thanks for stopping by today!
Do you have any fun garden projects in the works?

4 comments:

  1. I love the mosaic path in your first picture--I'd love something like that in my garden.

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the mosaic garden wall. I will need to explore that option this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got too much interesting stuff on your blog. I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work. garden furniture

    ReplyDelete