~ My Website ~

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sewing Facial Pad Tutorial

Yahoo for a new shipment in of Bamboo Fleece and Hemp fabrics! The Bamboo is on the top and the Hemp on the bottom. You can see the Bamboo is a little thicker and the hemp looks just like a washcloth material. I just love creating with these two baby-soft fabrics, so it was time to make a fresh batch of Facial Pads. You don't find quality fabrics like this in stores these days, so it's so fun to have the opportunity to create something from scratch with a high quality fabric such as these.

To make the facial pads, I trace the circle shapes on the fabrics with an erasable marker, circling around just a basic lid. I pin the fabrics together and then cut them all out with a rotary cutter. 
Lots of circles!
Once all the circles are cut out, I pin all the layers together. Then I sew each one by hand, on my handy-dandy sewing machine. After they are sewn, I make tiny snips around the circles and wash them in my handmade soap. Then they fray nicely around the edges.
Ta da! Luxurious facial pads all ready to go! Perfect for a softening facial wash, eye makeup remover, or even deoderant applicator. These fabrics are so strong, that they wash up beautifully for many uses.
Now, if I can just decide on what else to use this fabric for, maybe a soothing aromatherapy neck wrap, or some eye pads? Hmmmm the possibilities are endless! Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment