~ My Website ~

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Summertime Brews


This week I have been making my own iced tea. I love water and don't really drink anything else besides water usually except Kombucha, green juice, and smoothies. But with all the herbs growing in my garden I'm always trying to find uses for them and who doesn't love a beautiful looking iced tea in the summer to cool off? This week I have been making my two favorites: Hibiscus Mint and Ginger Lemongrass. This is a picture of Hibiscus Mint. I used dried hibiscus flowers and fresh spearmint leaves. Check out the beautiful red color the hibiscus gives this tea! All you need to do is put your favorite herb combination in purified water, and let it sit out in the sun all day. Around dinnertime, I strain out the herbs with a spaghetti strainer and place the tea in the fridge after pouring everyone a glass with ice :-) What's your favorite summertime herbal brew combination?

No comments:

Post a Comment